Sunday 10 May 2015

F.R.I.E.N.D.S : After Life # 2 : Blog # 217



F.R.I.E.N.D.S  : After Life # 2

*We, all diehard F.R.I.E.N.D.S fanatics have been waiting forever for the best sitcom ever made on Television, to resume. Here is an attempt to look at what our favorite characters are up to these days.



                Chandler was chatting with his colleague, Tony who also became a father recently. “Tony, how do you manage the sleep? I mean I can barely keep my eyes open. My kids keep me awake all night! They keep on getting up in the middle of night” Oh that’s easy Bing. When the kids start crying, you go to the kitchen to prepare the baby food and never come back. Or, you can go to get the diaper as well. “Hmmm...interesting! Did you ever think of writing a letter to your wife that you are leaving and will be back after 5 years? No? Who would do that, right?” Yea, only crazy people do that! “Or, those people who haven’t slept in months do that !!! I was thinking whatever happened to all the happy kids in the world! My kids are always cranky”. Bing, kids are happy only in movies and on television.

            Phoebe ran in to Ross on the way to her apartment. “Hey Ross! Come home. You haven’t met Dr.Gupta. You will like him”. Who is Dr. Gupta, Phoebs? “ He lives next door. He is an Indian scientist who seems like he is in touch with his spiritual self. We have long discussions over coffee about life, yoga and science”.  Science, Phoebs?? “Of course not your kind of science which is constrained by the boundaries of reasoning! We talk about the possibilities - the what ifs and could have beens- and the world beyond the periphery of science”

            Phoebe rings the door bell. “Ohm”, goes the door bell. “Phoebs, did you hear that? what on Earth was that noise”. Oh it is just the door bell Ross! Dr. Gupta, meet Ross, my friend. He is also a scientist like you. Palaeontology is his area of interest. “Namaste Ross, please have a seat. Do you believe in destiny, Ross? If you do, please extend your hand, the right palm please.  A son and a daughter from different mothers and yet no marital bliss. Academically brilliant, parents’ proud son but with limited social skills in comparison to your sister.”  That is a quick summary of Ross’ life of three  and a half decades, Dr. Gupta, said Phoebe. Stunned, Ross said “Dr. Gupta, how do you know so many things about me?”. “The answer for everything lies in the universe, Ross. All you need to do is seek. Now it is my time to meditate. Shall we meet at a later time?” Thank you Dr. Gupta for your time, Namaste, said Phoebe. “Wow, Phoebs! Who is this guy? Can I be like his disciple or something?” One step at a time, Ross. One step  :)

            Joey was at the studio. “ Hi Joey, I am Elinor” How are you doin, Elinor? “I am good, Joey. My grandmother had warned me of the rustic Italian charm that you exude. She was right. I am Estelle’s grand daughter. On her death bed, she said you and her go back a long way and if ever I needed a job, I should come to you.” Your grandmother was a terrific lady, Elinor. I am looking for an agent. If you are fine with it, you can join me now. “Wow! Joey tribbiani’s agent?? Ofcourse, I am ready”. Great, do you speak French? “Sadly, no!” Start taking French classes. Some of the French film makers are looking for actors. If you can speak their tongue, things will be easier. It is not a tough language. I have kind of got a hang of it. Bloo blaa blee! “Sorry? What did you say Joey?" In French, it means see ya later!

Continued at : http://praisesnbrickbats.blogspot.in/2015/05/friends-after-life-3-blog-220.html


No comments:

Post a Comment