Saturday 1 December 2012

Spur of the Moment: Blog # 64

Spur of the Moment


       I have absolutely no idea why I bought a lottery ticket that day. I was out for some errands and this lottery agent came up to me. In that moment, I paid the money swiftly and took the ticket. I was not preoccupied with any other thoughts. Neither was I in a rush. Moreover I don’t qualify to be called a spendthrift by any standards.


         I guess this is what they call impulse decisions – an action one takes on the spur of the moment.

        Have you seen people taking decisions? They will have an initial instinct. Whatever decision one makes will be an extension of  this instinct. In spite of all the research and analysis one does, the final decision will not deviate much from this initial thought.
             
              Predictability is the close cousin of boredom. That is why people like surprises. Be it having a cup of coffee instead of the usual tea or taking a different route to office or watching a film which is not your usual genre, doing something impulsive will be fun.

        Impulsiveness has a certain sense of liberation to it. Whenever someone does something on impulse, it will be out of routine – out of the norm one generally follows. This induces a feel good effect as one does something unplanned – bordering on being adventurous. That is exactly why you like it when you do something impulsive.
         

            However, it would be wise to not make a habit out of impulsiveness as then, it will no more be ‘impulsive’ J.
                                                                                             Arun Babu            

4 comments:

  1. Such a nice blog post dear.

    Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha..I m an impulsive character..wat I feel n when I feel I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is it Ankita> :)..Thanks for reading the blog :)

      Delete