Wednesday 15 April 2020

A Love Letter to Office: Blog # 349


A Love Letter to Office
…in the times of Corona

Dear Office,

It is said that in some relationships, fondness settles in with time. In our case, looks like immense fondness is settling in with distance. I have come to know the abundance of love I have in my heart for you. 

You know that I liked you from the first instance I set my eyes on you, don’t you? I remember the first day of meeting you and hoping desperately that you like me too.


There were times when it was just the two of us. At times, it was early mornings. You used to light up seeing me. At times, it was late evenings. You used to ensure that the air conditioning was just the right amount that I liked. You always offered tea. Even better, you ensured the cafeteria always had just the right amount of light and it had a view.

There is one thing which used to upset me a bit. Inspite of knowing each other so well, you always asked for an ID. But on second thoughts, that is one of the many quirks I like about you. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Whoever came by, you always reserved a place for me. You guarded all my little Knick knacks and photo frames with your life. I still remember when one of my trophies fell and you guarded it with your carpet. That was so you – always watching out for others.  

It is true that there were times when I chose to stay away from you. Mostly, it was due to travel. Yes, I agree that there were times when I chose to hide behind the cliché of ‘Work From Home’. But you will also agree that every time I came back, I was delighted to be with you.  
I never told you this. But when I went on long vacations, once a couple of days went by, I used to miss you. My friends and family used to make fun of me that I am too into you. What do they know of our relationship, right? You truly lend me identity, purpose and meaning in life.

Of all the people I expected to come in between us, Corona was the last one I thought would do this treachery. What a Brutus Corona turned out to be! Apparently, Corona refers to itself as Covid! Who cares, right?

You stay well, my dear office. Do know that you are more than just a work place to me. You are a dear part of my every day and will continue to be.

It breaks my heart to tell you that I do not know when we will meet again.  But, we will meet soon, against all odds!
Much Love,
Always Yours, 
              Office Goer.


I dedicate this love letter to all those who miss going to their offices. Please share with fellow office goers. 😊
                                                                                                                                   Arun Babu.  

5 comments:

  1. With all the people around the world expressing in their own ways about Covid and Office, this one has a soul and ofcourse so relatable. Kudos to you👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the people around the world expressing in their own ways about Covid and Office, this one has a soul and ofcourse so relatable. Kudos to you��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully articulated :) Just made me so emotional while reading, 'It breaks my heart to tell you that I do not know when we will meet again'

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good one!Arun..Well written

    ReplyDelete