Wednesday 31 July 2013

Day Dreaming : Blog # 128

Day Dreaming


          During one of the Toast masters’ meetings of which I am a member, my friend Ashima from Calcutta told “I never thought I would walk down the streets of Mysore wearing Mogra on my hair.” That sentence somehow occurred to me as how we refuse to let our imagination wander about the endless possibilities and stupendous surprises that Life has in store for us.

day dreaming is good, I love day dreaming            We always limit our possibilities by frameworks – of distance, time, grit- the list is endless. How many of us at least wish to see the world in our life time? We think it is too much of distance to wish for!

            How many of us have the audacity to think that we will be at a much better position in life, say 5 years from now? We think it is too less of a time frame!

            We ourselves lack the will to aspire for our dreams to come true. If someone had come up to me a few years before and told me that I would be doing a job of my liking, I too would have gone on a laughing spree. May be this is where from people who have experienced Life derive their stability from. They have seen enough Life to know that we should be hopeful of Life. Only then Life will live up to that hope.

            We always look down  on day dreaming. I would say a fair amount of day dreaming helps. If we envisage a better tomorrow for ourselves, somewhere we start believing in it. Our actions, however small it may be will get aligned towards that goal. If there is no expectation at all, then what does one work towards?

What is there in expecting? We stand to lose nothing. On the contrary, even if one were to remain at status quo, the expectations will at least fill our heart and mind with some optimism. This positivity is powerful enough to take us a long way. It does bring a smile on our face or a spring in our step. Why should we let go of that feel good factor?          

And we must realize that there are not many people in the world who can afford to indulge in day dreaming. They are too caught up in sustaining their present. They are too busy making ends meet. It is a luxury not everyone can afford. Most of us are in a position to dream, to aspire, to hope. We should be grateful for this blessing and indulge in it.

                                                                                               Arun Babu.

2 comments:

  1. Realising now that day dreaming is a luxury that I can afford. Good one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kindly leave ur name also . Glad that you enjoyed it :)

      Delete