Saturday 27 October 2012

Old times' sake: Blog # 56


Old times' sake


            Having met my dear old friend, Lakshmi from engineering days, I was driving home by around 9.Half of my town were already home and getting ready for supper. Coming from a place where traffic wouldn’t have eased one bit by this time, the wide - thinly occupied roads were a welcome surprise.

            I have always cherished friendships – be it old, new and yet to come. Yes I admit it takes some effort on the part of my friends to reach me (at timesJ ). But I make it a point to get back in touch with them.

There is something about old friendships. I read somewhere that old friends are the most priced antiques. So true!

 Lakshmi and I were sharing our college stories to her husband, Shine. Then I realized I haven’t forgotten even one bit of those fun days. It was literally a walk down the memory lane. They remind us of a time which many of us think we have forgotten until we meet them.

            The good thing about old friends is that you don’t need to take an effort. They already know you. There are no pretentions, there are no formal pleasantries. That’s why Lakshmi made it a point to call up Swetha (our partner in all the crimes ;) ) and remind her that I didn’t go and meet her when she came on leave. J. And yes, Swetha blasted me in a way only an Old friend can J.

And good old friends, remember. When I was about to leave, Lakshmi came with a packet of Mars chocolates, my favourite. I used to pester her for this when she used to go to Dubai during vacations. That was so sweet of her.

            It is important that we keep in touch. It reminds us of who we were and what we are now. If there is much of a difference (unless for the better), we should indulge in some serious soul searching. So if your friends smile and say “you haven’t changed at all!!”, it’s a good sign. You haven’t lost yourself completely.
                                                                                                                         Arun Babu. 

4 comments:

  1. Show ur courtesy not only in article ,but also in real life too>>>i think i havnt become too old to be an antique..so attend the calls,or ready to get ur a** kicked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he..I will...but call me in the first place :)... the last time u called was when u wanted to book tarkal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @babu: and did u book him the ticket?

    @bibin: have patience.. ur turn hasnt arrived in his excel sheet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Ka..cant buk tatkal frm office..and I had exhausted my monthly quota (10 tkts :) )...

      Delete