Friday 7 December 2012

A message to my future self: Blog # 66


A message to my future self


The child in me yearned to be you...
The youth in me strived to be you...
You are the person I looked forward to be,
Or I thought I will turn out to be.


I hope you still have the child in you,
Un corrupted by the frivolous ways of life.

I hope you make someone so happy,
That the smile reaches her eyes.

I hope you make someone so proud,
That they are at a loss of words for you.

I hope you are so fond of someone,
That you let go of your ego.

I hope you are so loved,
That you become so sure about yourself.


I hope you haven’t committed a sin so grave,
That you turn away from yourself.


I hope you haven’t lost yourself.
I hope I haven’t lost Myself.
                                                                                                       Arun Babu                                                                                                                                                               

4 comments: