Saturday 21 April 2012

The Four Letter Word!!! : Blog # 8

                  The Four Letter Word!!!                         

*An evening at Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore

I woke up for the evening tea. I am always cranky after a nap; add to that the ongoing ‘Midsem’ massacres.  Vivek and I headed to the pavement en route the UG hostels. I desperately need this peaceful time before heading to the college for next day’s paper prep. A seemingly innocuous guy approached us and asked where the UG hostel is. Being not out of the cranky mood, I kept staring at the Elephant Mountains, sipping tea. Vivek  showed him the way. He said that he is a 2008 batch alumnus. He went on to add that the campus has changed much and it is always great to come back to this place.

Then he asked what course we were in. Vivek very proudly proclaimed that we are MBA students. Never the one to lose a networking chance, he added that our average CTC is 5.5 Lakhs and that we had 90%+ placements last year. Then this person asked if Deepak sir and Kulkarni sir are there in ASB. We said yes. He said he also completed MBA this year. We with our “chip on the shoulder” attitude ;) , asked him which college. We were expecting a Venkateshwara or a San. But then he very humbly told “XLRI”!!! I turned around and Vivek said he will never forget the look on my face!.

I have never been humbled like this in my life. We were amazed at the humility of this person. His itinerary for the day included a walk around the campus and a short sprint in the pool. No doubt he ll be known by the four lettered XLRI tag from now on. But the humility that he carries is the gift of being an Amrita alumnus. Love it, Hate it, but this is a university with a difference.

                                                                                                                    Arun Babu

2 comments:

  1. Very Good writeup. I am also from XLRI. Pray I also become that humble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading the blog sir :)

      Delete